- Dr. Kent Hovind
Hovind's $250,000 Offer (formerly $10,000, offered since 1990)
I have a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical
evidence (scientific proof) for evolution.* My $250,000 offer demonstrates that
the hypothesis of evolution is nothing more than a religious belief.
Most thinking people will agree that--
1. A highly ordered universe exists.
2. At least one planet in this complex universe contains an amazing variety of
3. Man appears to be the most advanced form of life on this planet.
Choices of how the observed phenomena came into being--
1. The universe was created by God.
2. The universe always existed.
3. The universe came into being by itself by purely natural processes (known as
evolution) so that no appeal to the supernatural is needed.
Evolution has been acclaimed as being the only process capable of causing the
Evolution is presented in our public school textbooks as a process that:
1. Brought time, space, and matter into existence from nothing.
2. Organized that matter into the galaxies, stars, and at least nine planets
around the sun. (This process is often referred to as cosmic evolution.)
3. Created the life that exists on at least one of those planets from nonliving
matter (chemical evolution).
4. Caused the living creatures to be capable of and interested in reproducing
5. Caused that first life form to spontaneously diversify into different forms of
living things, such as the plants and animals on the earth today (biological
People believe in evolution; they do not know that it is true. While beliefs are
certainly fine to have, it is not fair to force on the students in our public school
system the teaching of one belief, at taxpayersí expense. It is my contention
that evolutionism is a religious worldview that is not supported by science,
Scripture, popular opinion, or common sense. The exclusive teaching of this
dangerous, mind-altering philosophy in tax-supported schools, parks, museums, etc., is also a clear violation of the First Amendment.
How to collect the $250,000:
Prove beyond reasonable doubt that the process of evolution (option 3 above,
under "known options") is the only possible way the observed phenomena could
have come into existence. Only empirical evidence is acceptable. Persons
wishing to collect the $250,000 may submit their evidence in writing or schedule
time for a public presentation. A committee of trained scientists will provide peer
review of the evidence offered and, to the best of their ability, will be fair and
honest in their evaluation and judgment as to the validity of the evidence
If you are convinced that evolution is an indisputable fact, may I suggest that
you offer $250,000 for any empirical or historical evidence against the general
theory of evolution. This might include the following:
1. The earth is not billions of years old (thus destroying the possibility of
evolution having happened as it is being taught).
2. No animal has ever been observed changing into any fundamentally different
kind of animal.
3. No one has ever observed life spontaneously arising from nonliving matter.
4. Matter cannot make itself out of nothing.
Proponents of the theory of evolution would do well to admit that they believe in
evolution, but they do not know that it happened the way they teach. They
should call evolution their "faith" or "religion," and stop including it in books of
science. Give up faith in the silly religion of evolutionism, and trust the God of
the Bible (who is the Creator of this universe and will be your Judge, and mine,
one day soon) to forgive you and to save you from the coming judgment on
When I use the word evolution, I am not referring to the minor variations found in
all of the various life forms (microevolution). I am referring to the general theory
of evolution which believes these five major events took place without God:
1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.
2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.
3. Matter created life by itself.
4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.
5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish
changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).
Contact Dr. Kent Hovind: firstname.lastname@example.org